Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Enjoying This Moment with Christian Siriano

He has immediately taken my eye for great fashion to another level. With his color trait, or lack of, he's made a definite mark in the industry. At the age of 24, Christian Siriano is now an influential and weight-bearing name. To truly know his since of style is to know him. He works hard and presents nothing less that his most confident work.

























I was a huge fan of the reality show PROJECT RUNWAY before season 4 but during that season there was even more reason for me to tune in. This little guy with edgy hair, a fitted, black wardrobe and a sewing machine made these fabulous gowns and pieces that made me want to be a contestant. It might sound so cliche but....I wanted to be just like him. He had spunk, potential, along with actual talent. He didn't talk a lot of hoopla but he delivered the most fierce work of the bunch.

He recently had another BRAVO show called Christian Siriano: Having A Moment. And, of course, I tuned in. I was glued to the screen regardless of what was going on or who may have been talking to me. I watched to simply see what goes on in his fabulous life; the show was not that fabulous. It did show, however, the hustle required to pull off a great Fashion Week Runway Show. It showed that sometimes the most odd things happen to pull your mind away from the excitement at hand but he handled himself well and I was impressed. The model's shoes literally ripping, one model not being able to fit the shoes, the clothes not being steamed and fitted, models not showing up, and on top of all that, his own nerves, made it look like a scary mess but the end result was one of the most fab shows I have seen myself. Its also very encouraging to watch a designer within my age bracket follow through with his own studio and long list of celebrity clients. He showed his family life and business like in an hour special and it was worth watching for the most part.





Now to his work, this man is FIERCE! He designs these artistic jewels that make me drool with admiration. They seem to be crafted instead of sewn and 'born' instead of 'created'. His collections are utterly impressive and breath-taking. One of the best things about Christian's collections are the evidence of evolution. From 2008, he has managed to almost flee his days of Project Runway's sometimes 'costumey' designs and come into this new sheek and beautifully structured world. Although he has always stayed true to his design niche, he brings forward a more feminie look and fresh color pallete. I absolutely 'j'adore' it. (Lol.)


So check out the pics below and his website for more of his 08-10 collections and to shop online.

www.christianvsiriano.com

Click Here For Christian Siriano's Fall 2009 Show


































No comments:

Post a Comment